wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - How to mark topics as unread? »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 27th, 2024, 2:19am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   suggestions, help, and FAQ
(Moderators: SMQ, Eigenray, Icarus, william wu, towr, Grimbal, ThudnBlunder)
   How to mark topics as unread?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How to mark topics as unread?  (Read 2261 times)
fatball
Senior Riddler

Can anyone help me think outside the box please?

How to mark topics as unread?  
« on: Jul 6th, 2005, 2:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I erroneously hit the icon on marking all topics as read and, subsequently, I cannot get any indication of new topics (red and 'new' icons)...is there any way to ratify the problem please  Embarassed
IP Logged
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

Re: How to mark topics as unread?  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 6th, 2005, 7:51pm »

The mark all posts icon is a one-time thing. Posts made after you pushed it will show up as unread again. The only way I know of to make the old posts show as unread is to delete the cookie which indicates which posts have been read. Unfortunately, this will mark all threads as unread, even those you read a long time ago.

A better approach is to just look for every thread with a date since the last time you went browsing in here. You will pick up a lot of threads you've already seen today, but there are not as many this way as any other alternative I can think of.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
fatball
Senior Riddler

Can anyone help me think outside the box please?

Re: How to mark topics as unread?  
« Reply #2 on: Jul 6th, 2005, 8:29pm »

on Jul 6th, 2005, 7:51pm, Icarus wrote:
A better approach is to just look for every thread with a date since the last time you went browsing in here. You will pick up a lot of threads you've already seen today, but there are not as many this way as any other alternative I can think of.

Thanks Icarus, that is what I think too, but I am just curious if there is a better way of tracking new threads... Kiss
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »